Tuesday, May 19, 2009

WFMW - Make your baskets work for you

I had a couple of baskets that I really liked. One made from bark and was lined with dirty plastic. The other was a loosely woven basket. I wanted to be able to use them with spanish moss or in my bathroom. The moss would fall through the cracks and make a mess. I had a moment of "duh" inspiration. I took some white scrap fabric and hot glued it into the baskets solving the problems and creating beautiful, clean baskets that could be used for anything.

It worked for me! Check out some other great ideas at
WFMW!




3 comments:

Becky said...

What a great idea! I love it when inspiration strikes to help us in practical matters. You have a great blog :)

Amy said...

Great idea! They look so neat a clean that way. I love baskets. Back before I had kids and when I worked full-time I bought tons of Longaberger baskets. These days, my baskets come from Goodwill, but I still love them! :)

My WFMW post today is all about how to make a diaper cake for a baby gift. It's fun and easy! :)

Jerralea said...

Don't you just love all the things you can do with hot glue guns? I adore baskets, so thanks for sharing a way to increase their value!