People have asked...
I thought I would describe a little about a couple of our projects that we have done. They were the least expensive with the most impact!
Framing the bathroom mirror - We had a gigantic mirror just glued onto the wall. I wanted more of a wow factor and something that looked upscale. I had seen people use moulding to frame their mirrors around the blogosphere but really got excited when I saw it on "Sell This House" and they used velcro! It was perfect because who knows whether a buyer would like it or maybe want to change the color. No problem, it's removable! I was grateful to the person who told her blog readers to be sure to paint the back too because you see it in the reflection.
This project was so easy! Excluding paint dry time, it took me about an hour total to paint and assemble! I took my measurements to HD and cut the moulding to length right there, picked up 4 rosettes, and brought it home and painted it with one coat of paint (it was preprimed). If you have a miter saw, you wouldn't need the rosettes if you don't want them. I used 2" square pices of self adhesive velcro. All I had to do was stick one side of each piece of velcro onto the moulding, hook the other pieces onto them, remove all of the papers protecting the adhesive and stick the whole piece of moulding onto the mirror at once. The whole thing cost $25-$30. A framed for a mirror this size would probably cost $400. Love it! 


I'll be back to talk about the no sew curtains made from $4 Walmart sheets. American Idol can't wait!
Okay, got my dose of AI last night and I'm ready to show the curtains. I bought some twin size sheets for $4 each at WalMart and some clip on rings (if you click on the picture you should be able to see them enlarged). The rings were about $5 for a package of 7 so I used one package for each curtain. We bought the rods on clearance 3 or 4 years ago for $10. Sooo, this window treatment cost less than $40. These took practically no time! I folded them in half lengthwise to give them more fullness and turned them upside down to have a nice wide hem at the bottom. I then decided how long I wanted the curtains and folded the top down and tucked the inside corner up and in so it didn't flap out. Then I just clipped on the rings and hung them. So simple! By the time Dh had the rods hung, the curtains were ready. Less than 30 min. People can't believe they are cheap sheets! They look like designer curtains. It sure worked for me!Check out other frugal projects going on over at WFMW!
5 comments:
Cute! I've been wanting to do this on our master bath mirror. Thanks for the info.
Love the velcro idea! I have seen this project and really want to do it, but hubs and I got into a "disagreement" over it. Maybe he would agree if it wasn't permanant...
I've been wanting to frame my gigantic mirrors for years now! NEVER would have thought to do it this way... awesome!!
I am TOTALLY doing that Velcro mirror thing! How brilliant are YOU??
I am so impressed. I may have to come take a good look at that mirror frame. I want one now.
Post a Comment