Thursday, August 21, 2008

A mom's self-esteem

A couple of days ago, we were all in the family room and I wanted to sit on our coffee table/footstool. I asked Christian to move over because he was laying in the same spot. He ignored me (more common than I like to admit) so jokinglyI told him that if he didn't move I would sit on his head. He then started yelling, "Oh no, my Mom's big, big bum is going to sit on my face!" Paul of course thought this hilarious. I had a little more trouble finding the humor in it.
Luckily, when we went out to eat that night, we passed a table with a cute little girl who was about 6 yrs old. As we passed she looked straight up at me and sincerely said, "You're pretty". I gave her a heartfelt thank you and as I walked away, felt that there really is balance in the world.

No comments: