A few weeks ago, at church, Christian decided to bear his testimony during sacrament meeting. He began by stating his goal to bear his testimony more often, which we can assume probably means every month. I always have mixed feelings of pride and trepidation as he walks to the front of the chapel. We never know what he will say. From the time Christian was 5 or 6 years old he has borne very thought filled testimonies. Never once have we heard him bear the typical, predictable testimony. Never once has he wanted help or suggestions for topics. With the exception of the time when he was about 6 1/2. He decided to get up while Paul was changing Emma's diaper and I was in the hall with Jenna. He said a few words and then looked back at the bishop and said, "Well, I'm gonna need a little help." Now, he doesn't even want to give us a preview of what he might be thinking about! Needless to say we have had some humbling revelations of his perspective of our family.
His last testimony he began talking about how our family was working together to get out of debt. At that point I looked over at Paul and saw that he had sunk down in his seat as low as I had and his face was as purple as mine. I began to wonder how long it would be before the bishop called us in to discuss our finances. :) Not that we have any outrageous debt.
His last testimony he began talking about how our family was working together to get out of debt. At that point I looked over at Paul and saw that he had sunk down in his seat as low as I had and his face was as purple as mine. I began to wonder how long it would be before the bishop called us in to discuss our finances. :) Not that we have any outrageous debt.
As we continued to listen, he then compared our earthly debt with a spiritual debt that we all owe. The difference being that our spiritual debt cannot be repaid no matter how hard we try. There are always blessings that accompany our efforts. He then expressed gratitude for our Savior and closed his testimony.
That week there was a visiting area authority on the stand. He stood at the end of the meeting to share a few thoughts. He began by complimenting Christian by name on his wonderful testimony and declared that the prophet couldn't have said it better! Wow, that's a compliment to remember!
That week there was a visiting area authority on the stand. He stood at the end of the meeting to share a few thoughts. He began by complimenting Christian by name on his wonderful testimony and declared that the prophet couldn't have said it better! Wow, that's a compliment to remember!
No comments:
Post a Comment