I just found myself in an interesting position. I don't know if I can adequately describe the somewhat out of body experience as I consider the indignity of my present condition. I am dressed in sweat pants crawling on my hands and knees feeling for a "wet" spot on the carpet as my toddler yells "Giddy-up horsey" from my back. I happen to be on the floor searching for that elusive "wet" spot because my preschooler just informed me she "had an accident" on the carpet but can't remember where because she was too busy watching Dora fend off swiper with those canonized words (at least at our house), "Swiper, no swiping".
I am both happy and chagrined to hear the buzzer on the dryer signaling the end of the drying cycle of the jeans. This means I can get out of these unflattering sweat pants that make me feel 10 lbs heavier than I already am. I need my motherhood uniform, jeans and a slightly stained t-shirt. Even though I have 3 pairs of jeans and do laundry twice a week, I can't seem to ever have a clean pair come laundry day. Go figure! However, my chagrin comes at the realization that the wet jeans my sweet daughter just threw in the laundry basket missed the batch. It always seems to happen that way.
Having found the spot (yes with my bare hands) and cleaned it, I move on to mop the wet footprints she tracked through the house to tell me all about what had happened. In the process unseating an unhappy cowgirl whose greatest wish at the moment is to ride off into a distant sunset.
"The out of body part?" you may ask. The feeling of deja-vu. The feeling that somehow I have done this many, many, many times before, so many in fact, it really doesn't bother me so much anymore.
I am both happy and chagrined to hear the buzzer on the dryer signaling the end of the drying cycle of the jeans. This means I can get out of these unflattering sweat pants that make me feel 10 lbs heavier than I already am. I need my motherhood uniform, jeans and a slightly stained t-shirt. Even though I have 3 pairs of jeans and do laundry twice a week, I can't seem to ever have a clean pair come laundry day. Go figure! However, my chagrin comes at the realization that the wet jeans my sweet daughter just threw in the laundry basket missed the batch. It always seems to happen that way.
Having found the spot (yes with my bare hands) and cleaned it, I move on to mop the wet footprints she tracked through the house to tell me all about what had happened. In the process unseating an unhappy cowgirl whose greatest wish at the moment is to ride off into a distant sunset.
"The out of body part?" you may ask. The feeling of deja-vu. The feeling that somehow I have done this many, many, many times before, so many in fact, it really doesn't bother me so much anymore.
5 comments:
I hear you Brooke! We're 95% dome potty training Grant and I have been through more Lysol wipes in the bathroom than thought humanly possible. I'm guessing that last 5% never comes..
Now I'M having deja vu.
I have been there so many times! At least she told you instead of letting you find it by feeling a wet spot under you after sitting down (and being forced to smell it to see what it is).
Been there. Will be again soon. Boooo.
I am not looking forward to potty training my toddler in any way shape or form. Not at all.
Mostly because frankly, as a potty training parent, I stink.
I finally have a girl who can make it through a day without accidents. I hope you the same joy soon.
Post a Comment