I have tried a new way to organize magazines that I want to keep. I have some magazines that tend to be useful seasonally. I organize them in magazine boxes by month rather than by year. That way, each month I can pull out a stack of magazines that have articles, craft ideas, etc. appropriate for the month. For example, when I pull out the Family Fun magazines for Oct. I have a whole bunch of ideas for Halloween rather than just the ones from the current issue. Or, when I pull out the Friend magazines for December, there are plenty of magazines with Christmas stories and activities for all the kids to read at the same time. I try to photocopy any activities that require cutting, coloring etc. in order to keep the magazines reusable.
This method works for me. To see other ideas that work, check out rocksinmydryer!
8 comments:
That is a good Idea, this is bad, but I usually throw ALL magazines away.. I have no were to put them. I am still trying to figure out what WFMW means... works for me... what is that last w?!
Good for you Cami! Paul wishes I would throw more away but in my defense, I don't keep all magazines. As for the acronym it is Works for me Wednesdays. I'm just a day early this week.
Love the idea of keep them together by month. I usually just keep the pages that interest me and scan them in the computer but that may be just as easy. Also love your side bar with the cute things the kids have said!
That is a great idea. Especially since Oct. and Dec. are the months I want to save. Thanks.
This is a great idea and if I saved more than just a handful of magazines I could see why that would be so helpful.
Come by and see me today
Kristin
The Goat
That is a fantastic idea - thanks!
Great idea! I love reading everyone's ideas.
That's a great organizing tip! We "recycle" magazines in my family and I am usually the third recipient. After me they go on to a cousin and so on. I usually only keep the ones that I purchase myself and can't bear to part with (mostly decorating). Thanks for sharing your ideas! Becki
Post a Comment