supplies: - 1 large plastic shopping bag
- duct tape (I used clear packing tape but on reflection, duct tape would be more in keeping with the redneck persona.)
- 2 quart sized bags
Cut up the middle of the bag from the bottom and use duct tape to create an inside seam for the legs. Cut holes for their feet. If your kid doesn't have boots, then use the duct tape to stick the small bags on the bottom, sticking the "legs" inside.
To keep them warm, put them in long underwear with or without bum flap (non-redneck translation - thermals) . Aint she a cute little stinker?
then sweats, (shoes if you aint got boots) and finally, your most beautifulest, home-crafted snow pants using the handles over the shoulders as straps.
Top with a coat and mittens and they're ready to play.
then sweats, (shoes if you aint got boots) and finally, your most beautifulest, home-crafted snow pants using the handles over the shoulders as straps.
Top with a coat and mittens and they're ready to play.Jenna really wanted to play outside with the other kids and we are trying to hold out until Christmas hoping Santa will bring new snow clothes, so.... I got creative. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that the ziploc bags would be so slippery. She ended up face down in the snow and that was the end of her snow day!
7 comments:
what a GREAT idea! Thanks, now I CAN let Dawson out to play :)
you are brilliant! By the way, I loooove your family pics, they turned out great--you guys all look great.
Hilarious! I'm going to keep this in mind the next time we have ice or snow. I hate buying snow clothes for the 1-2 days a year we might need them.
a pair of daddy's socks over the zipper bags, and she'll have plenty of traction.
Mrs N
I remember mom putting bread bags over our feet before we put boots on so as not to get wet.
Wow, that is hilarious! I agree..I despise paying for snow clothes, but I usually hit up Goodwill. I've gotten snowpants for $1.
You are truly a redneck. Funny. That's a great way to be thrifty. Way to go Brooke. I'll try to remember that one for the future.
Post a Comment