Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Stain removal secrets no one told me!

I learned a couple of cool tricks for stains in the laundry that I wish I had known. Maybe these are common knowledge but I think everyone else in the world thought it was common knowledge and forgot to tell me.
For blood, go find yourself an 88 cent bottle of Hydrogen peroxide and pour some on. Delight in the bubbles, (laundry always makes me a little insane.) then wash it away!
For other stains such as grass, dirt etc., spray with Shout then rub area with Ivory bar soap. Don't ask me why but Ivory works wonders!
Now I wish someone could tell me how to get crayon out of clothes that have been through the dryer!

3 comments:

Sisters Savings said...

I don't know for sure if it will work, but Fels Naptha (you will find it in bar form at your local grocery store but the laundry soap) should work! It is like 1.29 a bar and has taken out many grease based stains for me!

MrsNehemiah said...

try ironing your crayoned item with paper towels or brown paper bags between the item and the iron. move the paper often so it soaks up the wax. you may need to layer the paper towels inside the garment also. watch your temp, you might melt some manmade fabrics.
the reason ivory works is it's kinda harsh. watch that you don't fade your garments. sunshine is a great stain remover too, but it will destroy your clothes if you leave them out in it too long.
Mrs Nehemiah

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Hi there! I wanted to say thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog today. I hope the egg experiment will work for ya!

You have some beautiful children!

I've really never been very good at taking stains out of clothes. If oxyclean can't get it out, then it's probably going to become "outside" clothes! :-)