The weather couldn't have been more beautiful for our trip. We enjoyed hiking Navajo Loop. Our kids are great hikers. Jenna loved the pack and Christian, Jordan, and Emma hiked it all! We attended a Ranger program about stars and then Paul and Christian were able to go look at Jupiter, Twin Stars, and Andromeda through telescopes. The stars are incredible there without any light pollution. On a moonless night, from dusk to dawn, you could see 14,000 stars. Compared to the city where you might see 300, that's a lot of stars!!
The 3 older kids all earned their Jr. Ranger pins. We were proud of all they learned.
It was a quick trip but we really enjoyed ourselves!
Some key phrases from our trip:
"WOW", "OH, WOW"
"Are we there yet" repeated frequently.
"He's bugging me" (wailing)
"Can I have a snack?"
"I don't want to see Bryce Canyon, I just want to swim in the pool"
"Take a picture, take a picture!"
"Remember, we're making POSITIVE memories" (Paul and I reminding ourselves)
"That was fun!"
"I don't want to see Bryce Canyon, I just want to swim in the pool"
"Take a picture, take a picture!"
"Remember, we're making POSITIVE memories" (Paul and I reminding ourselves)
"That was fun!"
No comments:
Post a Comment